13 May 2006

Sakura rolled over for the first time.

I had dinner at Darren and Karren Mercer's. They served roast beef. It was a nice change from the bachelor food I've been eating lately. I brought an apple crisp and some vanilla ice cream. I thought it turned out very well.

At the end of the evening, we got talking about moving out of here. They have already brought out twelve 64L tubs of stuff. I feel like I'm behind. There is a lot of stuff here that I've got to get out. I'm going to be ruthless, and leave as much as I can, but there is still going to be a lot.

My plan is to get some stuff out when I go to Alberta. I'll try to get most of Tomomi's stuff packed up, and stow it in a storage locker in Thunder Bay. At the end of the school year, when I know where I'll be going, I can put the boxes on a Greyhound.

Regarding the storage locker in Hamilton, if I get the job in Alberta, I'm going to call around to some moving companies and see how much it will cost to get it sent to Chard.

On another note, the reverse-osmosis unit at the school is offline. We now have to buy our drinking water. Additionally, there is a problem with the town's power supply. The night generators are all inoperable. The large generator, which normally only runs during the day, has been running around the clock for two-and-a-half months. The lights have been twitchy, and the concern is that they might go off for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home