15 April 2006

Chris, my Grade 5 teaching partner, left yesterday. He's got an offer of regular supply work in the York District School Board. There are a few school within a 20min. drive of his house in Caledon. We're all sad to see hi leave, but we're happy he's going on to a better place.

He used to make brunch every Saturday morning. He did omelettes and pancakes. I told him that I was going to try my best to pick up the slack with him gone. I started this morning by hosting my own brunch. I made omelettes and waffles. I used Tomomi's favourite waffle recipe. It uses yeast and baking soda so that the waffles are light and airy. She found it in The Breakfast Book, which was given to me a long time ago by Loretta Mahoney.

John brought sausages, and I cooked them in the oven the way Chris taught me. I think everyone enjoyed the spread. I'm going to do it again next week. It's a bit of work, but at least it will motivate me to keep the place clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home